Did you know that having a small room can be much nicer than you think? With the right decoration, it can become the coziest, intimate and inviting environment in the house.
So, in today’s post, we have gathered the best tips and ideas for you to make a beautiful little living room decoration!
Decorating tips for small room
Undoubtedly, the decoration of the small room begins with planning. In this step, you must analyze your entire environment, take measurements and note the points of outlet and energy.
Then, reflect on your needs and how the room can serve you. Nowadays, in times of pandemic, home office and children at home, the room has become a multi-purpose space. Now it serves to work, now to teach the son, now to play and, of course, to watch TV and relax.
And all this will interfere with the decoration of the small room since it must be planned to contemplate all these activities
One more tip: look for references that are in line with your taste and style. However, this does not mean that you should copy someone else’s decor, on the contrary, it only serves as a base and starting point for you to create your own decor based on your needs.
Nothing is more important in a small room than functionality. Without it, space may even be beautiful and cool, but it will not bring comfort or practicality in everyday life.
That is why it is essential that you carefully choose the furniture in the room so that they can also offer more complete and intelligent solutions.
A good example is a retractable sofa which, in addition to serving to accommodate visitors, also functions as a “bed”. Or, even, the side table that can also have a seat function.
The small room is not synonymous with the cramped room. If this is happening in your home, then something is wrong.
Circulation in this environment must be free and accessible to all residents. For this to happen, it may be necessary to get rid of the coffee table, the sideboard or other furniture that does not play a primary role.
When in doubt, stay with the basics and prioritize free areas for circulation.
Think outside the box
The decoration of the small room will most likely take you out of your comfort zone and make you feel like facing a challenge. But take that as a positive thing. Like? Thinking outside the box.
In other words, avoid the standard solutions and look for others, more unusual and personalized.
Want an example? The rack can be replaced by a shelf and thus you gain more space and a feeling of greater amplitude or, who knows, maybe you just say goodbye to it and just hang the TV on the wall without any kind of weight on your conscience.
Integration is another keyword in the decoration of a small room. Remove the walls from the path and make room for free movement between the environments, in addition to the house becoming more interactive, you will still see a huge difference in space gain.
Lighting should also be well planned in a small room. The best option is always natural light during the day, so the bigger the window, the better.
Artificial lighting enters the scene at night or when natural lighting is not abundant.
For this, use targetable spots to enhance elements of the decoration, such as a textured wall, for example. Bet on lamps, either floor or table, chandeliers and pendants.
You don’t have to follow the minimalist style to the letter, but some features of this decorative pattern can be very useful when decorating the small room.
The first one is the preference for furniture and objects of straight lines and clean design, very common in Scandinavian style furniture, for example. Avoid excessive adornments and details.
The “less is more” logic of the modernist movement also fits this proposal and fits like a glove in the decoration of the small room, since the excess of objects can leave the room with the impression of being smaller than it really is.
Small room colors
The light colors for the room are always the most suitable for small environments since they favor the feeling of spaciousness. However, this need not be a rule, especially if you have already followed the previous tips and opted for minimalist and functional decor.
In this case, it is worth betting on a mix of tones that can go from the lightest to the darkest. Look for a color palette that harmonizes with your personal style and distribute it through the decoration, from the walls, floor, and ceiling to the smallest details.
A tip that always works is to use light colors at the base, that is, to compose the largest objects and make the colors vibrant and darker for areas that you want to highlight, such as a wall or a sofa.
Decorative Objects for Small Room
The final touch of the decoration of the small room is on account of the decorative objects. But which ones to choose in the face of so many possibilities?
Some are very interesting, as is the case with mirrors since in addition to decorating they also serve to illuminate and visually enlarge the environments.
You can also count on plants to compose the decoration, but remember to choose the species according to the brightness that your room receives.
Pillows and blankets are another beautiful and functional way to complete the decoration of the room, especially if the intention is to propose points of color and prominence in the environment.
To keep everything in place and still help with decoration, bet on baskets, and organizing boxes.
The rest of the environment can be filled with books, sculptures, personal objects, and travel souvenirs, for example. However, it is worth a tip: do not worry about occupying all the spaces in your room at once.
Leave blank spaces to be filled little by little with your memories.
Here are 50 small room decor ideas and get inspired to make yours:
01. Small room decoration with high ceilings.
02. Decoration of a small room in a minimalist style: only what is necessary.
03. Vibrant colors for a minimalist decor.
04. Small room decoration in neutral tones for a classic effect.
05. Decoration of small room integrated with dining room.
06. The clear base of this other room ensured the highlight of the black sofa.
07. Small room decorated with functional furniture.
08. Space for circulation is a necessity in small rooms.
09. The suspended rack expands the feeling of space in the living room.
10. Small room decorated with bright and cheerful colors.
11. Here, it is the decorative objects for the small room that stand out.
12. Integration, style and personality in this small room decoration.
13. The warmth of the super wood combines with reduced environments.
14A. Light and sober tones bring elegance to the small room.
14B. The TV on the wall helps to maintain the functionality of the space.
15. Relaxed and modern decor for this small room.
16. That personal touch that makes all the difference in the decor.
17. The wooden panel brings sophistication to the small room.
18. Explore colors, textures and patterns in the decoration of the small room.
19. Decoration of small room with mirror: trick to increase the space.
20. Use vibrant colors on a neutral base.
21. Small living room integrated with the kitchen and the dining room.
22. Dark wood and black details for sophisticated decoration.
23A. Jovial, this living room bet on the blackboard wall.
23B. A wall that also works as a background for the home office.
24. Wallpaper and paintings are the charm of this stylish room.
25. Minimalist and modern.
26. Choose one of the walls and highlight it with a special color.
27. A very well-resolved room between the mezzanine and the stairs.
28B. They delimit without hiding or blocking.
29A. Small integrated living room with home office.
29B. And with the wardrobe !.
30. A small room that oozes personality and boldness.
31. Black walls in a small room? It is clear!
32. How about a monochromatic decoration?
33A. The shades of gray are perfect for modern environments.
33B. And they can be complemented with plants and green panels.
34. Touch color in the details.
35. Invest in wood to create a cozy decor.
36. Designed and functional furniture changes the decoration of the room.
37. In black and white!
38. Terracotta color for the cozy decor of this small room.
39A. Functional, beautiful and cozy minimalism.
39B. Without losing style and design.
40. Shades of blue to inspire calm and tranquility.
41. A counter to integrate the small room with the kitchen.
42. Home office in the small room? With planning everything goes well!
43. Don’t be afraid to dare and show personality in the decor.
44. Tones that refer to nature: formula for a cozy room.
45A. Small room decor with dining table.
45B. Environments need to talk and harmonize.
46. Brick wall to express the industrial style of the room.
47. Clean, small and lighted room.
48. Blue and gray instead of the classic black and white.
49. Sometimes all your room needs is a stylish chandelier.
50. Sofa and wall are confused here.