Safety, beauty, practicality, price, and comfort. These are the five main criteria that you need to take into account when choosing the bathroom floor.
Does it seem difficult to reconcile all of this? Just seems! We can say that this is a careful task, but it is far from being difficult.
With the right tips and information, you can make the best choice.
And guess where these tips are? Here, of course! We have gathered in this post accurate information for you to choose the ideal floor for your bathroom.
How to choose the bathroom floor
A bathroom is a place that asks for safety, especially if you have children, the elderly and people with reduced mobility at home.
Generally, the biggest safety problem found in bathrooms is slippery floors. As it is a damp and wet area, the floor ends up becoming one of the main reasons for falls and slips.
Therefore, the most advisable is always to look for non-slip models and to avoid floors with polished and high-gloss materials that are normally slippery.
When choosing the bathroom floor, take into account the other elements present in the environment and see if the composition is harmonious.
It is also important to reconcile the colors and texture of the floor with the walls. Remembering that light colors increase the feeling of space, while dark colors tend to visually diminish the environment.
A good tip for those who want to have a colorful bathroom, even if it is small, is to bet on a floor with colors and texture and opt for clear and smooth walls.
Ease of cleaning and maintenance is another thing that everyone wants when it comes to the bathroom. That is why it is so important to think about this item when defining the type of floor.
Light tones reveal dirt more intensely than dark colors, while textured floors tend to disguise dirt better.
It is also worth remembering that grouting is a factor that directly impacts the cleaning and maintenance of the floor.
The larger the joint, the more laborious the cleaning will be. Therefore, always prefer the smallest possible distance between one piece and another.
The bathroom also needs to be warm and welcoming. Nobody deserves to have the feeling of being inside a refrigerator, surrounded by white walls and floors.
In this case, the tip is to bet on floors that, even though they are white, can offer a different texture or receive a complement capable of making the environment more receptive, such as wooden furniture, for example.
And after all, you still need to find a bathroom floor that fits your budget.
But thanks to the immense variety of materials available on the market, it is possible to complete this stage without great difficulties.
There are high-quality and cost-effective floors, such as porcelain tiles, for example.
Check out some of the best bathroom floor options and beautiful ideas to be inspired below:
Porcelain tiles are, by far, one of the best options for bathroom floors when the intention is to combine cost and benefit.
With a huge variety of colors, shapes and sizes, porcelain tiles have high strength and durability.
It is totally waterproof and can also be found in textures that perfectly imitate noble materials, such as wood and stone.
Just be careful not to choose the polished models that are slippery, prefer the satin ones.
01. Floor for simple and small bathroom with textured porcelain.
02. Porcelain for bathroom that imitates wood.
03. Gray porcelain tile for the bathroom floor matching the wall covering.
04. Porcelain with stone texture. No slips around here!
05. Beige bathroom floor. Clean and modern design.
06. Black bathroom floor contrasting white walls.
07. Beige porcelain for the bathroom floor. The wooden workbench provides comfort.
08. Gray porcelain tile for a modern and elegant bathroom.
The tiles are unique pieces, full of charm and style, capable of giving that mood to your bathroom.
The tiles are also characterized by the smaller size of the pieces and the varied prints that almost always refer to the retro style.
More expensive than other types of flooring, tiles also require greater care in the application, as they can suffer from infiltrations if they are not properly installed.
09. Black and white tile for the modern bathroom.
10. Black and white bathroom floor matching the rest of the decor.
11. Tiles with a vintage touch to the modern bathroom.
12. How about a little more color on the bathroom floor?
13. Tiles in shades of blue to cover the bathroom floor with style and personality.
14. Tiles in composition forming drawings.
15. Black and white, white and black!
16. Retro bathroom floor in harmony with the classic and elegant decor.
There was a time when tablets were unanimous in bathroom designs. Nowadays, they no longer reign supreme, but they are still a good option for those who want a different and modern bathroom.
The only care with this type of coating is the application. It is important to have specialized labor to ensure the correct insertion of the inserts.
17. Pink tiles for the bathroom floor and main wall.
18. A bathroom, two types of tablets.
19. Here in this bathroom, the tablets share space with the hexagonal floor.
20. Gray bathroom floor matching white wall covering.
21. Tablets with drops of color on the floor and walls.
22. How about a bathroom with a blue tile floor?
23. Bathroom floor tile in three different shades of blue.
24. White inserts with black grout. Modern and clean design.
The hexagonal floor is one of the great trends of the moment in bathroom floors.
The geometric shape of six equal sides can be used to cover the floor in different color and size options.
25. Small hexagonal floor for the bathroom
26. Blue and white hexagonal floor to relax the smooth-walled bathroom.
27. A white bathroom can be much more charming than you might think.
28. Hexagonal retro floor for the bathroom.
29. The hexagonal bathroom floor can be found in non-slip versions.
30. Giant hexagons!
31. Hexagon floor for small bathroom. Note that the tone of the grout is the same as the floor.
32. Floral hexagons!
In addition to the hexagon floor, there are other geometric shapes that are successful in bathroom floors.
With a modern look, geometric floors are gaining more and more space thanks to their countless possibilities of color combinations and paginations.
33. Blue geometric bathroom floor matching the cabinet.
34. Modern and in different shades.
35. Geometric floor with clean design used both on the floor and on the wall.
36. Black geometric bathroom floor.
37. Bathroom floor with geometric print. To counter the visual effect of the floor, the option was to leave the walls white
38. Bathroom floor with clean and elegant geometric print.
39. Colorful, yes, but without regret.
40. Bathroom floor with a beautiful visual effect.
Who said that bathrooms can’t have wooden floors? Yes, you can! However, this option requires more time with maintenance and cleaning, since the wood can rot in constant contact with water.
41. Wooden bathroom floor in just one strip of the room.
42. Wooden floors throughout the bathroom, including the shower stall.
43. And if the wooden floor is too much, choose woody porcelain tiles.
44. Wood on the bathroom wall and floor.
45. Porcelain that imitates wood: best option for those who do not want to carry out constant maintenance on the floor.
46. Wooden floor for the bathroom to look like a SPA.
47. Do you want comfort? Then the wooden floor is the best option.
48. Woody porcelain for the bathroom floor and wall.
Have you ever thought of using pebble stones as a bathroom floor? Not only can you, but you should consider this option.
The final look is a bathroom with a rustic touch, cozy and full of personality.
49. Pebble floor for the bathroom: simple and cozy.
50. Here, the pebbles serve as both a floor for the bathroom and a wall covering.