The teenager’s room is a space that requires attention when preparing the decoration of the house. Most of the time, the teenager is still not sure what he wants or likes in very bold environments.
Therefore, when preparing the decoration, it is important to listen to him to do what will really meet his needs. Check out some tips for decorating your teen’s room.
How to decorate a teenager’s room
While boys prefer something more modern, girls like retro, romantic or glamorous environments. The most important thing is that the style of decoration is in accordance with the profile of the teenager.
Female Teen Bedroom
Generally, girls’ rooms are more delicate. But it is possible to combine modern with romantic. For this, bet on soft and cheerful colors at the same time.
Make the tones stronger for accessories and decorative items such as paintings, lampshades, curtains, ottomans and rugs. If you want something cooler, you can bet on photo panels, light fixtures and colored frames.
Male Teen Bedroom
In the case of boys, sports, music and characters from favorite films are highlighted in the decoration of the teenager’s room. But the electronic items are perfect to leave the environment with a more modern decor.
The color of the decoration does not have to be blue to determine that the space is masculine. You might as well bet on colors like gray and green or textures like chess. The design of the furniture must follow straight lines and hollow components to make the space more cozy.
50 ideas and inspirations to decorate your teen’s room
01. Teenager likes strong colors and that draw attention. In that case, a colorful wallpaper is perfect for maintaining a more lively mood.
02. Within the same environment it is possible to create a space to rest and another to study. To highlight the decor, use some decorative elements with the teenager’s personality.
03. The female teenager’s room gains lightness with soft colors like pink and gray. The highlight is the organization of the furniture, which must follow a pattern that matches the teenager.
04. To make the room larger, bet on the light wallpaper with some details to draw attention. Other elements such as a lamp and pictures should only complement the decor.
05. For those teenagers who like a more rustic environment, you can invest in the wooden floor. On the wall, the geometric designs draw attention, mainly with the mixture of colors.
06. Who wants to have a bright room, nothing better than betting on lights on the wall. Even better if you match the color of the wall.
07. The male teenager’s room needs to follow the owner’s personality. A great option is to put a panel on the wall that follows the theme of the decoration.
08. If the intention is to make a teenager’s room more sober, the gray color may predominate in the environment. In addition, you can decorate the wall with a beautiful phrase of encouragement.
09. Neon lights predominate in the decor of this teenager’s room. The most interesting thing is that the blue color is able to stand out in the scenery, in addition to the furniture and decorative items.
10. In a cooler decor, nothing better than investing in film frames or something more handmade. At the head of the bed you can paint in black color imitating the black frame.
11. For the most romantic teenagers, pink should be the predominant color of the room. To differentiate the colors of the wall, you can use a wallpaper pattern in each corner.
12. How about using different colors to decorate your teen’s room? That way, you get out of sameness without failing to make a decoration with the owner’s face.
13. If the teenager is a fan of a band or in love with a character, how about making a panel with these characteristics? The result is sensational because it looks like him!
14. Black and white colors can be used to decorate a teen room without being afraid of making mistakes. You can use these colors on both furniture and decorative items.
15. How about making a very cozy space inside the room? Bet on a chair with a different design, place an wallpaper with an incredible texture, decorate with a very cute rug and finish with an inspiring phrase.
16. If the child is still in pre-adolescence, it is worth betting on something more childish like this wallpaper. But don’t forget to leave a space for study and reading.
17. For more modern teenagers, you can make different floors, neat furniture and a plain colored wall.
18. If you are not afraid to dare, make a colorful decoration using recycled materials. You can either decorate just the wall or hang something on the bed.
19. If your teenager likes different colors, he doesn’t just need to color the walls. There are several colorful furniture on the market that make the decor beautiful.
20. Lighting is a fundamental item in a decoration, and it is no different when it comes to decorating a teenager’s room. For special lighting, use some light fixtures hanging from the ceiling.
21. Soft colors are great for teenage girls’ rooms.
22. If the intention is to make something more minimalist for the teenager’s room, you can exchange the wardrobe for a custom rack. The object is simple and very practical.
23. For travel lovers, nothing better than decorating the room following this style. To highlight the black wall, make the world map in white and gray.
24. The gold and rosé gold colors leave the most luxurious and sophisticated environment that goes perfectly with a female teenager’s room.
25. Instead of placing a rack in the bedroom to place the TV, use a soberly colored bookcase to match the room’s decor.
26. For a cleaner room, the white color should predominate both in the walls of the room and in the composition of the furniture.
27. When it comes to decorating your teenager’s room, it is important to add some elements that are part of his profile, such as this guitar, which is the highlight of this wall.
28. In the teen room you can use LED lighting built into the ceiling. The result is a wider environment, with soft lighting and without exaggeration.
29. If your teenager is keen to keep his childhood toys, prepare a shelf to position them. In this way, they end up being part of the decoration of the space.
30. Most teenagers love photos. Therefore, nothing better than making a beautiful panel with the assembly of several photos.
31. A rustic male teenager’s room should have a wooden floor and a brick-shaped wall. The most interesting thing is to increase the decoration with some modern items to highlight, even more, the space.
32. In the female teenager room, some colors predominate to make the atmosphere more romantic, but it is possible to use a few different elements to attract attention.
33. Making a different panel at the head of the bed is to get everyone’s attention. Now if you put a very colorful rug, the result is shocking.
34. Look what a beautiful combination with the furniture in white colors and some elements in yellow tones.
35. How about making an object to store your skateboards? The color variation of the skateboards makes the decoration more lively.
36. Use the color gray to make a room for a female teenager. The highlight is the decorative elements that will compose the scene.
37. Decorate with different models, formats and types of paintings. The result is even more surprising when the wall is made of brick.
38. The feminine elements transform the room into a super pleasant space for the teenager.
39. For nature lovers, it is worth betting on a green color decoration. For this, use a different paper and tables that are related to the theme.
40. But if the intention is to make a room simpler, without losing the air of modernity, you can bet on the dark gray color to paint the walls.
41. Use versatile furniture that meets all your teen’s needs. In this case, you can create a study space, without losing the characteristic of the room.
42. How about making an interesting color contrast like this: pink with white on the wall and black with white on the bed?
43. What do you think about valuing the arts produced by your child? Take the opportunity to use them in the decoration of his room.
44. In order not to leave the room totally white, bet on a darker carpet that covers the entire floor and use objects in the darkest tones.
45. If the intention is to leave the environment entirely Zen, invest in wood, rustic objects, plants and handcrafted pieces.
46. A simple and comfortable room is more than enough to make a teenager happy.
47. A simple object of decoration makes all the difference in the environment.
48. To make the room brighter, a window is essential inside the room. But the suspended lamps are perfect for decorating the room.
49. If the intention is to do something much more daring, use a totally different texture on the ceiling, another on the walls and floor. The important thing is that the place is matching the teenager’s personality.
50. In the corner of study and reading, take care of the wall decoration. The highlight is the cute chairs.